PRESCHOOL MISSION, CORE BELIEFS, AND GOALS (QPPS 10.1)
The mission of the Fremont-Mills Community School District, in partnership with families and communities, is to develop the potential of all students to become life-long learners and responsible citizens.
Preschool Core Beliefs
- Each child is a unique individual and will be valued and appreciated as such.
- Student learning is the most important element of our society.
- Students learn best in a safe and caring environment.
- Innovative learning activities and various teaching strategies enhance learning.
- Respect for diversity develops tolerance within the school and our society.
- Effective learning produces life-long skills.
- Leaders never lose sight of best practice.
- Teaching the importance of citizenship benefits the school and the community.
- Productive discipline incorporates control, consistency, and care.
- Memorable and enjoyable activities foster learning.
- School, home, and community cooperation facilitates and reinforces learning.
Preschool Goals for Children
- Children will show competency in social/emotional, physical, cognitive, language, and other academic development skills.
- Children will be enthusiastic and curious learners.
- Children will be safe and healthy.
Preschool Goals for Families
- Families will feel welcome in the classroom and school.
- Families will work with the school in a meaningful partnership to help their children be better prepared to learn to read and write.
- Families will advocate for their children.